4th of July Blog Hop!
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate the 4th of July – the projects are inspirational, patriotic and filled with reds, whites and blues. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My project for today’s hop features the Ridiculously Awesome stamp set paired with 4th of July colors: Real Red, Misty Moonlight, and Whisper White:
Ridiculously Awesome is one of my favorite sets in the Annual Catalog! It is Rhonda Wade’s Million Sales Achiever set – hand-penned by Sean Douglass (husband of Sara Douglass, Stampin’ Up!’s CEO)! How cool is that?! Here’s another view:
To create the background, I started with a piece of 3-3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White cardstock that I covered with adhesive. Then I adhered 3/4″ strips of cardstock in a diagonal red, white & blue pattern. I trimmed it down to 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ and layered it on top of a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White for a thin mat border, which really makes the panel pop on the Misty Moonlight card base.
The awesome sentiment was stamped in Misty Moonlight onto Whisper White cardstock and then cut out using one of the Hippo & Friends dies – love that set of dies!
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it! Tonight is my Weekly Wednesday Facebook Live at 8:00pm EST! Click the button below to set a Facebook reminder.
Have a wonderful & blessed day and hope to “see” you tonight!
- Misty Moonlight card base – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White layer – 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White layer (for adhering diagonal strips to)- 3-3/4″ x 5″ (trimmed down to 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ after adhering diagonal strips
- Diagonal strips – 3/4″ wide (and long enough to layer diagonally)
If you get stuck during the blog hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie ← YOU ARE HERE!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Check out my Pixie Perks program to learn how you can earn a $50 shopping spree with me!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
PROJECT SUPPLY LIST: