In this post, I’m sharing an updated version of my Essentials Kit in a Box! This is a great appreciation gift for teachers, nurses, first responders – anyone who goes above & beyond and deserves a treat! This version is sized to fit a hand cream, hand sanitizer, and a treat or tea light – and you can even attached a gift card to the lid to make it extra special!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click on the links and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure here.
This is such a fun box to create! I modeled this one after a Paper Pumpkin box and it’s inspired by Debbie Crowley’s Gratitude Gift Box and “Pixie-fied” by me! I shared my first Essentials Kit in a Box back in 2019, so this is my updated version!
Here’s what the inside looks like filled with goodies:
In the Turtles Bites section, you could swap it out for a Mini Ghirardelli Square or a tea light (if you’re worried about fragrances mixing with your chocolate). Here are the measurements of the 3 cubbies:
- 1-1/2″ x 4-5/8″ (Bath & Body Works Hand Cream)
- 1-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ (Bath & Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizer)
- 1-3/4″ x 1-7/8″ (DeMet’s Turtles Bites)
Here’s another look at the Essentials Kit in a Box:
Without further ado, here’s my livestream replay:
Here’s the template for reference (not to scale):
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed day!
- Finished Size – 4-5/8″H x 3-1/4″W x 1″D
- Cardstock (Box) – 8-5/8″ x 9-1/2″ (or 8-3/8″ x 9-1/2″ if using 8-1/2″ x 11″ cardstock)
- Score along the 8-5/8″ side at 1″ and 2″ from each side (For 8-3/8″: 7/8″ and 1-7/8″)
- Score along the 9-1/2″ side at 1″ and 4-1/4″ from each side
- Insert #1 – 4-1/2″ x 4-7/8″ – score along the 4-7/8″ side at 1-1/2″, 2-3/8″, and 3-1/4″
- Insert #2 – 1-5/8″ x 6-1/4″ – score along the 6-1/4″ side at 2-3/4″, 3-5/8″, and 4-1/2″
- Lid Layer #1 – 3-1/8″ x 4-1/2″
- Lid Layer #2 – 3″ x 4-3/8″
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use my current host code on orders under $150! Customers who place an order of $25 or more earn Pixie Perks!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!