Welcome to InKing Royalty's March Blog Hop! Today's Blog Hop is filled with projects inspired by a Spring Celebrations theme. What fun! Stampin' Up! catalogs are filled with so many great ideas for Spring-themed projects – Easter, birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Spring weddings… We are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
The color scheme of my card for today's blog hop screams Spring to me! With the crazy weather these days, I have a feeling everyone is itching for Spring to arrive – I know I am!
This card features a DIY background panel using a “foolproof watercolor” technique – shout out to Kim Jolley for this fabulous technique! I simply took a scrunched up baby wipe, dabbed it on an ink pad, and then dabbed it randomly and repeatedly in different directions onto my Whisper White background panel. Depending on how dark the colors you use are, you may want to dap the baby wipe off first (after inking) before dabbing it directly onto your background panel. I recommend using a new baby wipe for each color. Then, using my Sweet Sugarplum marker, I (very) roughly colored up the “fleur-de-lis” image from Timeless Textures, stamped it off first, and then stamped it randomly on the background panel. It truly is a foolproof technique and I felt like such an artist! 🙂
The finishing touch for the focal point of the card is an intricate hot air balloon cut out of the stunning Sweet Sugarplum glimmer paper that you can get right now as a freebie with a $50 order. The free paper stack comes with 2 other beautiful colors (Bermuda Bay & Mint Macaron), which became my color inspiration for this card.
Here are the paper dimensions for today's card:
- Thick Whisper White Base – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- Mint Macaron layer – 3-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Whisper White layer – 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping. There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don't want to miss it!
If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lory Robinson at The Robin's Nest Designs
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie ← YOU ARE HERE!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Amy Koenders at Stamp with Amy K
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
Here are the supplies I used on today's project: