Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2017! We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 blog hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from the previous link from the line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full line-up will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
The technique I’d like to share with you today is called the “watercolor smooshing” technique – and I am IN LOVE with it! This is the first card I made using this technique and it definitely won’t be my last! Here’s my card:
I watched a fabulous video tutorial by Kristina Werner here and put it into practice. So easy and so fun and no two cards are alike! This card also highlights three (3) new products that will be available June 1: 1) Happy Birthday Thinlits, 2) New In Color Lemon-Lime Twist, and 3) Glitter Enamel Dots. Don’t the Glitter Enamel Dots look like water droplets on this card? I hope you’ll try this technique yourself and, if you do, send me a picture of your creation so I can ‘ooh’ and ‘aah’ over it! Instant beauty with a technique like this!
- Lemon-Lime Twist card base: 4-1/4″ x 11″, folded and scored at 5-1/2″ (or folded in half)
- Basic Black layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Watercolor Paper layer: 3-3/4″ x 5″
Color Combination (click on any color to shop online):
Thanks for stopping by today! To continue with the hop, please refer to the blog hop line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-Up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie ← YOU ARE HERE!
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
Supplies (click on any product to shop online):
EASTERN PALACE BUNDLES
From May 1-31, get your hands on the colorful and exotic products from the Eastern Palace Suite before they’re released in the 2017-2018 annual catalog! Available in two exclusive bundles that are perfect for beginner (Starter bundle) or avid (Premier bundle) crafters!
Select retiring products have discounts of up to 50% off! All retiring items will be discontinued May 31. Retiring accessories and tools are available while supplies last. Retiring stamp sets are guaranteed until May 22 and then they will be while supplies last. So, don’t delay! Be sure to place your order before these items retire on May 31!
MAY HOST CODE – 29D4F4T4
Please apply this month’s host code for all orders under $150. If you place an order of $75 or more (before shipping & taxes), you’ll earn this month’s free gift: Metal Rimmed Pearls!
- $75 – $149.99 Order: You must apply the host code to your order to receive this month’s free gift.
- $150+ Order: Do not apply the host code. You’ll automatically qualify for my free gift this month as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards!