You Move Me, Definitely Dahlia!
Today’s project is a CASE (copy and share everything) of THIS card by fellow demonstrator Kylie Bertucci!
Aren’t those colors amazing together? Kylie’s card used Tip Top Taupe, which is now retired, so I used Crumb Cake instead. I changed the layout a little bit to make the card my own.
To get the multi-color effect, I first inked up the Definitely Dahlia background stamp with Soft Sky. Then, with sponge daubers, I added colors in random areas in this order: Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, and Night of Navy (light to dark). Then, I gently spritzed the stamp with water before stamping on Shimmery White cardstock, which gives it a really cool watercoloring effect. After adhering the sentiment, I added a trio of silver metallic sequins.
The Definitely Dahlia stamp set makes it so easy to create a beautiful card quickly! It looks beautiful inked up in one color or multiple colors. Take a look HERE for some Pinterest inspiration.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
- Smoky Slate card base – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″ (or folded in half)
- Night of Navy layer – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Shimmery White layer – 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Shimmery White sentiment banner – 3-1/4″ x 1″ (before punching)
Color Combination (click on any color to shop online):
Supplies (click on any product to shop online):
Why not get a head start on your holiday cards for this year and take advantage of the early release of the Carols of Christmas bundle! If you order the Carols of Christmas bundle from me in August (wood-mount or clear-mount), I will send you a Gold 3/8″ Metallic Edge Ribbon for free! It will go perfectly with the cards you will make and you can even dye it to be any color you like! Don’t delay as this is a very popular bundle!
AUGUST HOST CODE – YV3M3MKH
Please apply this month’s host code for all orders under $150. If you place an order of $75 or more (before shipping & taxes), you’ll earn this month’s free gift: 1/4″ Copper Trim!
- $75 – $149.99 Order: You must apply the host code to your order to receive this month’s free gift.
- $150+ Order: Do not apply the host code. You’ll automatically qualify for my free gift this month as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards!