All that Sparkles and Shines – Pals Blog Hop
Welcome to the Pals December 2017 Blog Hop featuring “All that Sparkles and Shines”! Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
My project for today is lovingly referred to on the internets as an “Impossible Box”! But I promise you it’s easier than it looks to create! And really has a wow-factor for the recipient!
Here’s another angle:
Here’s a view of the top of the box:
And here’s what the box looks like when you open it:
So, basically it’s a box with a built-in, attached lid! A self-closing box put another way. I originally saw an Impossible Box tutorial by fellow demonstrator, Josephine Johnson, and fell in love with it. The only challenge is she uses an Xacto knife to make the cuts and I couldn’t find mine, so I stashed the idea away for another time. Then, fellow demonstrator, Angelina Clark, figured out a quick & easy way to create this and I was thrilled!
So, this is my version of the Impossible Box! The box measures 3″ H x 2″ W x 2″ D and it’s a great size to fill with a handful of treats or a candle.
Here’s my video tutorial:
And here is the template I shared during the video:
- Thick Whisper White – 8-1/2″ x 8″
- Score on 8-1/2″ (long) side at 2″, 4″, 6″, and 8″
- Score on 8″ (short) side at 2″, 5″, 6″, 7″
- Silver Foil pieces:
- 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″ (4 pieces)
- 1-7/8″ x 7/8″ (4 pieces)
- Year of Cheer Specialty DSP:
- 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ (4 pieces)
- 1-3/4″ x 3/4″ (4 pieces)
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today! Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on January 10, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme Crafts
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
SUPPLIES (CLICK ON ANY PRODUCT TO SHOP ONLINE):
Supplies are limited, so snag your favorites before they’re gone! Click the image above to shop now!
DECEMBER HOST CODE – 9UWAXGCG
Please apply this month’s host code for all orders under $150. If you place an order of $75 or more (before shipping & taxes), you’ll earn this month’s free gift: Silver 3/8″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon!
- $75 – $149.99 Order: You must apply the host code to your order to receive this month’s free gift.
- $150+ Order: Do not apply the host code. You’ll automatically qualify for my free gift this month as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards!