Tapered Treat Box Tutorial
Today’s project is a Tapered Treat Box!
Here’s how the treat box opens:
What I love about this treat holder, is that there are multiple options for how to close it! For this version, I tucked the lid in. You can also close it with the tab on the outside using a Velcro dot or neodymium magnet. Here’s a photo including an alternative:
Another alternative is to use any of our Tag Topper punches as the box is 2″ wide – perfect for those punches!
This treat box measures 1-1/2″H x 2″W x 1-1/2″D, so it fits treats like a Rafaello, Lindor Truffle, Fererro Rocher (I think!), Hershey’s Nuggets, etc! I can’t wait to hear what you fit inside of it! Here’s how a Rafaello fits:
Without further ado, here’s my video tutorial:
And here’s the template for reference (not to scale):
- Purple Posy cardstock – 5″ x 6-1/2″
- Score along both sides of the 5″ side at 1-1/2″
- Score along the 6-1/2″ side at 1-1/2″, 3″, 4-1/2″, and 5-1/2″
- Make tick marks on both sides of the 6-1/2″ side at 2-1/4″
- Pattern Party DSP
- 7/8″ x 1-7/8″ (1 or 2 pcs depending on closure – landscape)
- 1-3/8″ x 1-7/8″ (2pcs – landscape)
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Check out my Pixie Perks program to learn how you can earn a $50 shopping spree with me!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
PROJECT SUPPLY LIST: