Flowers for Every Season Clutch Tutorial
Today, I’m sharing a tutorial for a paper clutch/handbag that I’m calling a Flowers for Every Season Clutch!
Here’s a pair of them with two different patterns from the Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper:
I received a swap several years ago from a team member of mine that I instantly fell in love with and have held onto over the years in the hopes of making one myself! After doing some research, I found out that she followed Bibi Cameron’s tutorial!
I love to “pixiefy” things, so I got to work designing a different version using only one sheet of cardstock (plus a little extra for the handle). My personal handbag inspired this project as well! Here’s a side view:
And a closer look at the front:
It’s a really sturdy clutch and I love the closure – it holds itself together very well! You can use a magnet or Velcro dot to secure it! Here’s how it looks when you lift the flap:
And here’s how it looks all the way open:
Without further ado, here’s my video tutorial:
And here’s the template for reference (not to scale):
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed weekend!
- Finished Dimensions – 2-3/4″H x 4-3/4″W x 1-1/2″D (tapers down to 3/4″D)
- Cinnamon Cider cardstock (for clutch) – 8-1/2″ x 11″
- Score along both sides of the 8-1/2″ side at 3/8″ and 1-7/8″
- Rotate clockwise and score along the 11″ side at 1-3/4″, 2-1/2″, 5-1/4″, 6-3/4″, 9-1/2″, and 10-1/4″
- Rotate clockwise again and score along the 8-1/2″ only down to the 3rd score line at 1-1/8″ and 7-3/8″
- Flowers for Every Season DSP:
- 1-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ (1 pc – landscape)
- 2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ (2pcs – landscape)
- Cinnamon Cider cardstock (for Handle) – 3/4″ x 6″
- Score at 1″ and 5″
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Mini Catalog Product Shares by August 3!
- Use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Check out my Pixie Perks program to learn how you can earn a $50 shopping spree with me!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
PROJECT SUPPLY LIST: