Today’s project is a larger version of last week’s Tapered Treat Box by popular demand!
Here’s a different angle:
And here’s how it opens (using a neodymium magnet):
The finished measurements of this box are 2-1/4″H x 3″W x 2-1/4″D. It’s a great size to hold a handful of candy or a small gift!
Because I’m on vacation this week, I opted to just share the Facebook Live replay recording (slightly edited) with you! I hope you enjoy it!
Without further ado, here’s my video tutorial:
And here’s the template for reference (not to scale):
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed July 4th weekend!
- Just Jade cardstock – 7-1/2″ x 9-3/4″
- Score along the 7-1/2″ side at 2-1/4″ from both sides
- Score along the 9-3/4″ side at 2-1/4″, 4-1/2″, 6-3/4″, and 8-1/4″
- Make tick marks at 3-3/8″ on both sides
- Flowers for Every Season DSP:
- 2-1/8″ x 2-7/8″ (2 pcs – landscape)
- 1-3/8″ x 2-7/8″ (2 ps – landscape)
- Misty Moonlight cardstock – 1″ (just under) by 3″
- Whisper White cardstock – 3/4″ (just under) by 2-5/8″
PROJECT SUPPLY LIST:
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use my current host code on orders under $150! Customers who place an order of $25 or more earn Pixie Perks!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
6 thoughts on “Large Tapered Treat Box”
Love all of your boxes….I am truly a “box”person as well. How do you come up with how to make them. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Julie. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Happy 4th!
I just “discovered” your fun FB lives and I adore your 3D projects! This one is super cute. I was wondering the size of the neodymium magnets and do you purchase on Amazon? I’m seeing a Playful Pets’ birthday gift in my future! Thank you so much 🙂
I love the Tapered Treat Boxes. I made the frist one. It was to small for what I needed it for. I am not sure of the Large one. I have not made it yet. I will have to try it and let you know. I might need one in between. When I get the Large one done i will let you know if it worked. Love your videos. Again thanks.
I love your boxes; your instructions always “work”. I made the large Tapered Treat Box & added a handle to make it into a purse. It turned out so cute! I wasn’t able to locate my magnets-put them somewhere in my studio-where “I wouldn’t forget”!
I used Velcro -still worked great. Thank you for your fun projects!
What size was the magnet that you used?