In this post, I’m sharing a Soap Gift Box and coordinating card featuring the Boughs of Holly Suite! The soap box is sized to fit a Shea Butter Cleansing Bar from Bath & Body Works and the card is a beautiful diagonal design, great for showcasing beautiful paper!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click on the links and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure here.
First, let’s start with the Soap Gift Box!
This gift box reminds me of a cute clutch! I sized it to fit a Bath & Body Works Shea Butter Cleansing Bar AND a gift card to make a great gift! Here’s what the box looks like open:
The tabs are optional, however when I asked my live audience which they preferred, #teamtab was the clear winner! For the closure, I used a Velcro Thin Clear Fastener.
Here’s the template for reference (not to scale):
Now, for the quick & easy card!
This card is inspired by a Christmas card I received last year from my customer Lisa Karst! I fell in love with the layout and had to try it myself!
All you need is a 4-1/4″ x 7-1/4″ piece of Designer Series Paper and a 1/8″ x 5″ strip of glimmer paper (or a coordinating cardstock color) for the card front. In landscape, add a pencil mark at the top 2-3/4″ from the left and add a pencil mark at the bottom 2-3/4″ from the right. Line up the pencil marks and cut on the diagonal and you have 2 diagonal pieces ready for card fronts!
You can get three (3) 4-1/4″ x 7-1/4″ pieces from one(1) sheet of 12″ x 12″ patterned paper if you cut your paper like so:
And if you stack all 3 pieces in the same direction, you can cut all 3 at once and have diagonal pieces ready for 6 cards!
Without further ado, here’s my livestream replay where I demonstrate both projects for you:
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed day!
SOAP GIFT BOX MEASUREMENTS:
- Cardstock – 8-1/4″ x 8-1/4″
- Score along one side at 7/8″ and 2-1/4″ from each side
- Rotate a quarter turn and score along the other side at 1-5/8″ and 3″ from each side
- Designer Series Paper:
- 1-3/8″ x 3-1/2″ (2 pcs – landscape)
- 2″ x 3-1/2″ (1 pc – landscape)
- 1-1/8″ x 3-1/2″ (1 pc – landscape)
- 1-1/8″ x 2″ (2 pcs – portrait)
- Thick Basic White card base – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded in half on the long side at 5-1/2″
- Boughs of Holly DSP – 4-1/4″ x 7-1/4″
- In landscape, add a pencil mark at the top 2-3/4″ from the left, and add a pencil mark at the bottom 2-3/4″ from the right
- Cut diagonally from pencil mark to pencil mark
- Glimmer Specialty Paper – 1/8″ x 5″
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use my current host code on orders under $150! Customers who place an order of $25 or more earn Pixie Perks!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!