In this post, I’m sharing a Soap Gift Box and coordinating card featuring the Boughs of Holly Suite! The soap box is sized to fit a Shea Butter Cleansing Bar from Bath & Body Works and the card is a beautiful diagonal design, great for showcasing beautiful paper!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click on the links and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure here.
First, let’s start with the Soap Gift Box!
This gift box reminds me of a cute clutch! I sized it to fit a Bath & Body Works Shea Butter Cleansing Bar AND a gift card to make a great gift! Here’s what the box looks like open:
The tabs are optional, however when I asked my live audience which they preferred, #teamtab was the clear winner! For the closure, I used a Velcro Thin Clear Fastener.
Here’s the template for reference (not to scale):
Now, for the quick & easy card!
This card is inspired by a Christmas card I received last year from my customer Lisa Karst! I fell in love with the layout and had to try it myself!
All you need is a 4-1/4″ x 7-1/4″ piece of Designer Series Paper and a 1/8″ x 5″ strip of glimmer paper (or a coordinating cardstock color) for the card front. In landscape, add a pencil mark at the top 2-3/4″ from the left and add a pencil mark at the bottom 2-3/4″ from the right. Line up the pencil marks and cut on the diagonal and you have 2 diagonal pieces ready for card fronts!
You can get three (3) 4-1/4″ x 7-1/4″ pieces from one(1) sheet of 12″ x 12″ patterned paper if you cut your paper like so:
And if you stack all 3 pieces in the same direction, you can cut all 3 at once and have diagonal pieces ready for 6 cards!
Without further ado, here’s my livestream replay where I demonstrate both projects for you:
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed day!
SOAP GIFT BOX MEASUREMENTS:
- Cardstock – 8-1/4″ x 8-1/4″
- Score along one side at 7/8″ and 2-1/4″ from each side
- Rotate a quarter turn and score along the other side at 1-5/8″ and 3″ from each side
- Designer Series Paper:
- 1-3/8″ x 3-1/2″ (2 pcs – landscape)
- 2″ x 3-1/2″ (1 pc – landscape)
- 1-1/8″ x 3-1/2″ (1 pc – landscape)
- 1-1/8″ x 2″ (2 pcs – portrait)
- Thick Basic White card base – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded in half on the long side at 5-1/2″
- Boughs of Holly DSP – 4-1/4″ x 7-1/4″
- In landscape, add a pencil mark at the top 2-3/4″ from the left, and add a pencil mark at the bottom 2-3/4″ from the right
- Cut diagonally from pencil mark to pencil mark
- Glimmer Specialty Paper – 1/8″ x 5″
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use my current host code on orders under $150! Customers who place an order of $25 or more earn Pixie Perks!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
6 thoughts on “Soap Gift Box and Card”
Hi Lisa! I made four of these in one day! So easy and fun to make! Wish I would have made more but I’m sure I’ll be making them for future holidays! Thanks. @lguzman63 (IG)
As always, love your posts; super directions + your bubbly personality = amazing!
I just love this paper. I purchased it, but haven’t cut up the poinsettia paper yet, it’s too pretty, lol. Love this soap box, it’s a nice size little box for candy as well. Merry Christmas Julie
I loved the soap box Julie. Want to thank you so much for that App as well. Just downloaded it to my cell. This will help a great deal in saving paper. I love it. Be well, be safe, TYFS & have a wonderful Holiday Season.
Oh wow! This is beautiful and so simple! I’m already collecting hand lotions, sanitizers, and soaps for next Christmases gift giving. Your timing is always amazing and your work is awesome! Thank you, thank you!
I love this little box and card. I also love making little boxes and bags as well as cards. I love all the lovely things you create and enjoy watching your videos. Wishing you and your family the best New Year ever and looking forward to 2023.