Welcome to InKing Royalty’s December Blog Hop! We have a fun Blog Hop theme today – Wrap it Up! The hop is filled with projects that are perfect for this time of year – everything from gift-packaging ideas to bundling up to stay warm. We are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My project for today is a faceted gift box!
Here’s a different view:
And a couple of side views:
And here’s what the top looks like:
This box has a magnetic closure and has quite a bit of room inside for treats or a gift! I saw a similar idea for this box on Pinterest by Florinda at Art and Choco using the Gift Bag Punch Board, but I decided to make it my own and just use the Simply Scored instead (my favorite tool!).
Magnets – I purchase my magnets from Spider Magnets on eBay – great prices and fast international shipping! For this project I used 8x1mm magnets.
This project features the Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper and other silver elements like the Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon, Silver Foil Paper, and silver heat embossing. This would be beautiful to dress up your holiday gifts or to take as a host gift or as a table favor for a New Year’s Party!
Here’s my video tutorial:
- Year of Cheer Specialty DSP – 8-1/2″ x 5″
- Score along the 5″ (short) side at 1-1/4″, 2-1/2″, and 3-3/4″
- Rotate clockwise and score only down to the 1st horizontal score line at 2″, 4″, and 6″ and score all the way down at 8″
- Rotate 180 degrees and score only down to the 1st horizontal score line at 2-1/2″, 4-1/2″ and 6-1/2″
- Score diagonally both ways across the center section where the short vertical scorelines meet the horizontal scorelines as shown on this template:
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Brian King at Stamp with Brian. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jenny Hall at Jenny Hall Designs
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
SUPPLIES (CLICK ON ANY PRODUCT TO SHOP ONLINE):
Reserve your Stamparatus now through December 30! Shipping begins March 19! Click the image above to reserve your Stamparatus!
Supplies are limited, so snag your favorites before they’re gone! Click the image above to shop now!
DECEMBER HOST CODE – 9UWAXGCG
Please apply this month’s host code for all orders under $150. If you place an order of $75 or more (before shipping & taxes), you’ll earn this month’s free gift: Silver 3/8″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon!
- $75 – $149.99 Order: You must apply the host code to your order to receive this month’s free gift.
- $150+ Order: Do not apply the host code. You’ll automatically qualify for my free gift this month as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards!