A few weeks ago, I had to opportunity to present at my dear friend and upline, Brian King’s Spring Stamp-Along! The presentations were centered around a “We’re Having a Party!” theme and I shared different kinds of invitations!
So, I thought I’d share one of those projects with you today! It’s an accordion gift box, which contains a special message/question for the recipient!
When you lift the lid, it reveals the following question:
“Will you be my bridesmaid?” How fun is that?!?! The box measures 1-5/8″ x 1-5/8″ x 1-5/8″ – an adorable size that’s perfect for surprising the recipient, because they won’t expect what’s inside! And both the box base and the lid are double-walled, so it’s a really nice, sturdy box. I got this idea from perusing Pinterest and decided to come up with my own accordion box using Stampin’ Up! products!
The accordion is a total of 7 panels – both the top and the bottom panels adhere to the box – one to the lid and one to the inside base of the box. 6 of the 7 panels can have images or readable text on them. I was able to get a 7 panel accordion from a 1-1/2″ x 10-1/2″ piece of cardstock, scored in 1-1/2″ increments.
Here’s a closer look at how the accordion works:
This box was a lot of fun to make! I’m happy to do a video tutorial – just let me know!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed day!
- Box Base – 8-1/8″ x 8-1/8″
- Scored at 1-5/8″ and 3-1/4″ on all 4 sides
- Box Lid – 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Scored at 5/8″ and 1-1/4″ on all 4 sides
- Accordion – 1-1/2″ x 10-1/2″
- Scored at 1-1/2″, 3″, 4-1/2″, 6″, 7-1/2″ x 9″
SUPPLIES (CLICK ON ANY PRODUCT TO SHOP ONLINE):
APRIL HOST CODE – BTHVHZA3
Please apply this month’s host code for all orders under $150. If you place an order of $75 or more (before shipping & taxes), you’ll earn this month’s free gift: Whisper White Narrow Note Cards & Envelopes!
- $75 – $149.99 Order: You must apply the host code to your order to receive this month’s free gift.
- $150+ Order: Do not apply the host code. You’ll automatically qualify for my free gift this month as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards!