Today’s project is a Faceted Gift Box that was originally an origami box, but I have “pixiefied” it!
Here’s a slightly different view:
And here’s another view showing more of the facets:
I originally tried this origami box 2 years ago around the holidays, but it never made it to my blog because I wasn’t happy with how little space was left inside with the way it folded together! So, I’d like to thank Samantha Clayton from Mixed Up Craft for her wonderful ideas to add more space to the inside. I have further “pixiefied” it to make it a little easier to put together.
This box is easy to create in many different sizes. Here’s a bundle of them created from 6″, 8″, 10″, and 12″ square pieces of paper:
The little 6″ one perfectly fits a Ferrero Rocher! Wouldn’t these be just divine for holiday gifts? They are sure to wow the recipient! See below for all the different measurements to create the 4 boxes above.
Here’s my video tutorial:
And here’s my template:
I hope you’ll give this box a try! It is much easier than it looks, I promise! Please share your creations with me! If you share via social media, add the hashtag #paperpixie and I’ll be sure to take a look! You can always email me pictures too!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed weekend!
- 8″ x 8″
- Score on all 4 sides at 2″
- Score on all 4 sides only down to the 1st horizontal score line at 4″
- Cut DSP to 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ (6 pieces) and cut diagonally to create 12 triangles
- 6″ x 6″
- Score on all 4 sides at 1-1/2″
- Score on all 4 sides only down to the 1st horizontal score line at 3″
- Cut DSP to 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ (6 pieces) and cut diagonally to create 12 triangles
- 10″ x 10″
- Score on all 4 sides at 2-1/2″
- Score on all 4 sides only down to the 1st horizontal score line at 5″
- Cut DSP to 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ (6 pieces) and cut diagonally to create 12 triangles
- 12″ x 12″
- Score on all 4 sides at 3″
- Score on all 4 sides only down to the 1st horizontal score line at 6″
- Cut DSP to 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ (6 pieces) and cut diagonally to create 12 triangles
SUPPLIES (CLICK ON ANY PRODUCT TO SHOP ONLINE):
OCTOBER HOST CODE – TYT6BN3Q
Please apply this month’s host code for all orders under $150. If you place an order of $75 or more (before shipping & taxes), you’ll earn this month’s free gift: Swirls & Curls Textured Impressions Embossing Folder!
- $75 – $149.99 Order: You must apply the host code to your order to receive this month’s free gift.
- $150+ Order: Do not apply the host code. You’ll automatically qualify for my free gift this month as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards!