Halloween – InKing Royalty Blog Hop
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s September Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations – this month’s projects are all about Halloween. Prepare yourself for wonderful mix of spooky, scary and sweet. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
For today’s hop, I had fun with the Playful Alphabet Dies and created a “spooky” card!
I covered a full sheet of Foam Adhesive Sheet with Black Glitter Paper and cut out the letters to spell “spooky”! After I cut out the letters, I realized they weren’t going to fit horizontally on my portrait card, so I added a 1″ diagonal strip of Pretty Peacock cardstock and adhered the letters for the word “spooky” on an angle – such a fun look!
The o’s in “spooky” made me think of eyes, so I added Iridescent Pearls to give the look of eyes! What do you think?
It’s hard to tell in the photos, but I clear heat-embossed the bats from the Hallows Night Magic bundle to give them some added texture.
After adding the bats, the card felt a little off-balance, so I added two Basic Black 1/4″ diagonal strips of cardstock. All of these elements layer beautifully over the floral pattern of Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Tonight is my Weekly Wednesday Facebook Live at 8:00pm! Click the button below to set a Facebook reminder. Have a wonderful & blessed day and hope to “see” you tonight!
- Blackberry Bliss card base – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded in half at 5-1/2″
- Pretty Peacock layer – 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Magic in This Night DSP layer – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Pretty Peacock strip – 1″ (adhered and then trimmed to size)
- Basic Black strips – 1/4″ (adhered and then trimmed to size)
If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie ← YOU ARE HERE!
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Check out my Pixie Perks program to learn how you can earn a $50 shopping spree with me!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
PROJECT SUPPLY LIST: