Sand & Sea Explosion Treat Holder [VIDEO]
Today's project is an explosion treat holder featuring products from the Sand & Sea Suite!
Here's another angle:
And here's what this sweet treat holder looks like from the side:
This is a “pixie-fied” mini version of Sally Shaw's Triangle Gift Box! Sally created hers with a 9″ x 12″ piece of Designer Series Paper and mine is half the size using a 4-1/2″ x 6″ piece of DSP. I've created similar treat boxes to this one and I've fallen in love with each and every one of them! My Explosion Purse tutorial is probably the closest to this one! Another one of my go-to explosion treat holders is this one.
This version fits a Dove Promise, a Hershey's Nugget, or a Hershey's Kiss! I'm sure a peppermint or butterscotch too! To get the Hershey's Nugget to fit properly, you'll want to place it in the treat holder “portrait”, since the sides fold in quite a bit. Here's how this explosion treat holder opens:
And here's what a Dove Promise looks like inside:
So stinkin' cute, right?!?! This project doesn't require any glue! You can close it with Velcro Dots, magnets, or even a belly band of paper or tied with a ribbon! I added the Seaside Shells stickers to this project, which makes it a breeze to create multiples of! I can't wait to create a stash of these to have ‘at the ready' for random acts of kindness!
Here's what this treat holder looks like paired with yesterday's coordinating card:
Without further ado, here's my video tutorial:
And here's the template for reference (not to scale):
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed weekend!
- Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper – 4-1/2″ x 6″
- Score along the 4-1/2″ side at 1-1/2″ and 3″
- Score along the 6″ side at 1-1/2″, 3″, 4-1/2″, and 4-5/8″
- Add tick marks along both sides of the 6″ side at 2-1/4″
PLEASE NOTE: This project is really easy to resize! You want to end up with 12 equal squares when you score (if you ignore the super close score line). So, if you want your base to be 2″, then your starting piece should be 6″ x 8″ and you'll score at 2″ and 4″ along the 6″ side, and 2″, 4″, and 6″ along the 8″ side with tick marks at 3″. I hope that helps!
Have a question or comment about today's post? I'd love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Visit the Sale-A-Bration page in my online store to learn how you can earn free products with every $50 or $100 you spend!
- Use this month's host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Check out my Pixie Perks program to learn how you can earn a $50 shopping spree with me!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
PROJECT SUPPLY LIST: