Rest & Relax – InKing Royalty Blog Hop
Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! During this year's blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month's projects are centered around Travel & Transportation, so prepare yourself for a fun journey. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My take on the Travel & Transportation Theme is VACATION! While I should be resting & relaxing in Maui this week for the Stampin' Up! Incentive Trip (ahem, thanks a lot, ‘Rona!), I'm sharing a Hawaiian-themed card instead! This card features the Timeless Tropical stamp set paired with the In the Tropics Dies!
I love the trio of Plumeria and I can *almost* smell them, can't you? Here's another view of the card:
To give my Plumeria some color depth, I first stamped the flowers in Polished Pink and then applied Daffodil Delight using a Blending Brush! I used the same technique with the leaves, but stamped them first in Garden Green and then blended in Pear Pizzazz ink.
I don't know about you, but my dream vacation is a tropical one! While I do love international travel and seeing the sights, where I really get my rest & relaxation is at the beach! The ocean waves soothe my soul… from the beach! I'm not an ocean swimmer – LOL! For now, Maui will remain on my “bucket list” and I can't wait to get some rest & relaxation along the Maui shores one day! What's your dream vacation? Leave me a comment so I can live vicariously through you!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery. There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don't want to miss it!
Tonight is LIVE! with The Paper Pixie – Episode 194 at 8:00pm EST! Click the button below for your viewing platform of choice to set a reminder to join us! Have a wonderful & blessed day and hope to “see” you tonight!
- Garden Green card base – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded in half at 5-1/2″
- Polished Pink layer – 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White layer – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Basic White inside layer – 4″ x 5-1/4″
If you get stuck during the blog hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie ← YOU ARE HERE!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
Have a question or comment about today's post? I'd love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use this month's host code on orders under $150! Customers who order of $50 or more choose a free gift!
- Check out my Pixie Perks program to learn how you can earn a $50 shopping spree with me!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
PROJECT SUPPLY LIST: