Today’s project is a Tunnel Box Card featuring the Layering Circles Dies and Blessings of Home stamp set!
This is such a “fun” fun fold card! This will fold flat AND fit in one of our Medium Envelopes – yay! Here’s another angle:
And one more to show the cool tunnel effect the Layering Circles dies create:
From the top view, you can see how the layers are added:
So cool, right? While they’re not perfectly spaced apart, I carefully calculated dimensions so that the outside of the card can be created with a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of cardstock, thus not requiring multiple pieces of cardstock!
The “box” itself measures 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ x 1″ and when it’s folded flat, it measures 4-1/4″ x 5-1/4″. Without further ado, here’s my video tutorial:
You won’t believe how easy this is to create! I hope you’ll give the Tunnel Box Card technique a try! Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful & blessed day!
- Finished Dimensions:
- 4-1/4″H x 4-1/4″W x 1″D
- Folded Flat – 4-1/4″H x 5-1/4″W
- Pool Party Cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ – Scored along the long side at 4-1/4″, 5-1/4″, 9-1/2″, and 10-1/2″
- 4″ x 4″
- Coastal Cabana Cardstock – 4-1/4″ x 5″ – Scored along the long side at 4-5/8″ from each side
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock – 4-1/4″ x 5″ – Scored along the long side at 4-5/8″ from each side
- Basic White Cardstock – 4″ x 4″
Have a question or comment about today’s post? I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use my current host code on orders under $150! Customers who place an order of $25 or more earn Pixie Perks!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
5 thoughts on “Tunnel Box Card”
I am so happy you made this to fit in the medium envelope. I had previously made a couple using Sam’s measurements and they were way larger than what I wanted to mail. I made three of the smaller size over the weekend using nested heart dies for valentine cards for my daughters and granddaughter and I have a set of nested balloon dies that I am using for a birthday card for the little neighbor girls special day coming up. So easy to make as long as you are careful and precise with the scoring. This is my “new favorite” card design. Thank you Julie.
Yay, Ruth! So wonderful to hear! Yes, any nested dies will work – how cute with hearts and balloons! A real wow fun fold for sure!
Very creative and fun, Julie. Love it! Enjoy your day!
Thank you, Hilda! You too! ❤️
When is your prizepatrol?