Today’s project is another faceted ornament! Thank you to fellow French demonstrator, Sonia Benedetti, for the inspiration! She also created a stunning wreath consisting of 8 of these faceted ornaments!
Here’s another angle:
I “pixie-fied” Sonia’s measurements – converted them from metric and then changed them to be able to use 8-1/2″ x 11″ cardstock!
I also tried to figure out an easy way to cut the triangle Designer Series Paper pieces. While not perfect, I did come up with an easy way to cut them while saving paper!
I’ve shared a similar tutorial before, but more of a round faceted ornament. These are so fun to make and WAY easier than they look! Without further ado, here’s my video tutorial:
And here’s the template for the ornament:
Here’s the template for the triangle pieces:
Thank you so much for stopping by today! We’re celebrating my hubby’s birthday this weekend – can’t wait! Have a wonderful & blessed weekend!
- Cherry Cobbler cardstock: 10-1/2″ x 7-1/2″
- Score along the 10-1/2″ side at 1-1/4″, 2-1/2″, 3-3/4″, 5″, 6-1/4″, 7-1/2″, 8-3/4″, and 10″
- Rotate clockwise and score along the 7-1/2″ side at 1-1/4″, 3-3/4″, and 6-1/4″
- Rotate counter-clockwise and score along the 10-1/2″ side, only down to the 1st horizontal score line at 1-7/8″, 4-3/8″, 6-7/8″, and 9-3/8″
- Flip cardstock and repeat
- Night Before Christmas DSP
- 1-1/8″ x 2-3/8″ (8 pieces)
- 2-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ (for triangle pieces)
- Make tick marks along the 4-1/2″ side at 1″, 2″, 3″, and 4″
- Rotate 180° and make tick marks again at 1″, 2″, 3″, and 4″
SUPPLIES (CLICK ON ANY PRODUCT TO SHOP ONLINE):
NOVEMBER HOST CODE – KYVPPMKA
Please apply this month’s host code for all orders under $150. If you place an order of $75 or more (before shipping & taxes), you’ll earn this month’s free gift: Gray Granite 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon!
- $75 – $149.99 Order: You must apply the host code to your order to receive this month’s free gift.
- $150+ Order: Do not apply the host code. You’ll automatically qualify for my free gift this month as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards!