Springtime Joy Storybook Box [VIDEO]
Today's project is a storybook box featuring the Springtime Joy stamp set paired with Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper and sized to fit a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg!
How cute are these storybooks??!? I made a similar box years ago to hold 2 Hershey's Nuggets, which you can check out HERE. This is such a fun box to gift to someone! Here's how the Reese's Peanut Butter Egg fits inside:
And here's the hidden Springtime Joy sentiment inside the box:
I love a little hidden surprise sure to bring a smile! Now, when I designed this box, I originally glued the closure strip to the outside of the box, like so:
This was by design and how I came up with the measurements. But, during my livestream, one of my viewers asked if the closure could be glued under the box, and it sure can! I shared this version in my shortened video tutorial below:
So, pick your preference! You have options 😉. Without further ado, here's my video tutorial:
And here's the template for the inside box for reference (not to scale):
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed weekend! ❤️
- Finished Interior Dimensions: 3″H x 2″W x 7/8″D
- Seaside Spray cardstock (box): 5-1/2″ x 6-1/2″
- Score on all sides at 7/8″ and 1-3/4″
- Seaside Spray cardstock (cover): 3-1/4″ x 9-7/16″+
- Score at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4″ from both sides
- Seaside Spray cardstock (closure): 1″ x 4-1/4″
- Score at 2-1/8″ and 3-1/8″
- Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper
- 2″ x 3-1/8″ (2 pcs – portrait) – front & back cover
- 13/16″ x 3-1/8″ (1 pc – portrait) – spine
- 1-7/8″ x 2-7/8″ (1 pc – portrait) – inside box base layer
Have a question or comment about today's post? I'd love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Use this month's host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Check out my Pixie Perks program to learn how you can earn a $50 shopping spree with me!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts up to 60%!
- Read my Top 10 Reasons why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for paper crafting video tutorials!
- Visit my gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
PROJECT SUPPLY LIST: