Today’s project is an Octagon Star Gift Box that I shared during this week’s Facebook Live!
Here’s a closer look at the really cool star pattern on the top of the box:
Isn’t that amazing!?! It reminds me of a quilted star or a poinsettia – perfect for the holidays! Here’s a closer look at the sentiment that comes from the Christmas Traditions Punch Box:
I’ve seen quite a few boxes like this – the first one I saw was done with origami and then I found a version double the size created by Jennifer Pauli. The scoring on the top of this box is very similar to this box and this box that I’ve shared previously. And here’s a similar kind of box, but with curved lines instead of more geometric lines and only 6 sizes.
The great thing about this box is you can have as many sides as you like and can make it any size you like. When I designed this version, I created longer tabs along the bottom to assist with squaring up the octagon shape. So the tabs are long enough to fit all the way across the bottom of the box, as picture here:
If you don’t like how that looks, you can punch a 2-1/4″ circle out of Real Red to cover up the bottom. This is a beautiful gift box for homemade treats (candy/cookies) or even a special gift. Without further ado, here’s my video tutorial:
And here’s the template:
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed weekend!
- Real Red cardstock – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Score along the 8-1/2″ side at 1″, 2″, 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″, 7″, and 8″
- Rotate clockwise and score along the 5-1/2″ side at 2-3/8″ and 4-1/4″
- Score diagonal lines and then score along 8-1/2″ side down to the intersection of the diagonal lines (as pictured in the template above) at 1/2″, 1-1/2″, 2-1/2″, 3-1/2″, 4-1/2″, 5-1/2″, 6-1/2″, and 7-1/2″
SUPPLIES (CLICK ON ANY PRODUCT TO SHOP ONLINE):
NOVEMBER HOST CODE – HK2KCYVW
- $75 – $149.99 Order: You must apply the host code to your order to receive this month’s free gift.
- $150+ Order: Do not apply the host code. You’ll automatically qualify for my free gift this month as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards!